Monday, April 26, 2010

A funny thing happened on the way to my bible reading...I learned SO much!

So everyday, I open the bible and read the verse I see first; much like one would open the newspaper and head straight to their astrological sign. Anyway, my bible opened to Isaiah 65, and my eyes fell upon verse 20. This was very profound to me, because for the last 5 1/2 years I have been in turmoil, anger and pain since my son, Raymond, died. Not only did I question God why he took my only child, I questioned why he did not "allow" me to have any other children. This has been a huge source of contention and misery to me for such a long time. I received my answer today. Whew, it took so long, but my time is NOT God's time.

I am not going to quote the verse, because I would like you to look it up. Isaiah 65:20.
You may be saying what does a bible verse have to do with my blog. Well, let me tell ya!

As I read this verse, it made me realize that this can pertain to my RA and Fibro as well. These diseases are terrible, and wreak havoc on everyday life. Most of the time we are in EXTREME pain (99% of the time, us RA'ers will tell you that we hurt, but that we are doing ok). We do not want pity form those of you who do not have the disease. We want understanding.

It drives us RA’ers CRAZY when we tell someone that we have Rheumatoid Arthritis and they say, “Oh, I have arthritis in my pinky and knee.” The two are as different as the north and south poles.

Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease and the best way to describe it is our military fighting America instead of the enemy. Sounds ridiculous right? That is what an RA and Fibro body does, constantly fights and destroys the new and fresh blood pumping through our veins.

The fatigue is debilitating beyond compare. I am still in a severe fatigue over a 2-day yard sale a week ago. Everything that we RA'ers and FMS sufferers do has to be in little "spurts of time". That can make those of us, who enjoyed life in a much different fashion prior to our disease, feel lazy and not worthy. We beat ourselves up enough to last a lifetime of flogging!

 
That being taken off my chest, the rest of the story. Isaiah 65:20. I know that there will come a time that the pain and fatigue fought by the military in my body will be no more.


That my friends, is the rest of the story!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Thanks for posting. It's 6am here and I've been up for 2 hours icing my flare up and just can't sleep.

You're post is encouraging and yes, one day, there will be no more pain!

Thank you for sharing your journey.

Arlene Stump said...

Faith, (what a beautiful name!) I hope that a new day has brought about a pain free day, and huge smiles to your heart.
Thank you for your comment!
Arlene